Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Psalm 130...in our words


Sunday night we challenged the high school crowd to rewrite Psalm 130 in their own words. It's only 8 verses. But it's a song that talks a lot about our souls. Jenelle took the challenge, too. Here it is in her own words. If you take the 130 challenge (and rewrite even just one verse), post it in the comments to share.

130. (Jenelle's)
There have been so many times I’ve been down, Jesus.
I don’t always cry out to you.
Sometimes I just cry.
But, I want to tell you everything.
Hear my voice as I admit this, Lord.
Lean your ear close to me.

If you kept a list of the ways I forget you, oh Jesus, I’d be hopeless.
But your forgiveness and patience is real.
I’m in awe of the complete way you love me, even though I don’t love you this way.

I am waiting for you to come back, Jesus.
I am waiting for you to turn the tears into dancing songs,
because that’s what you do.
You make all things new.
I put my hopes in your Words.
(I’m trying to, at least.)

The real me, my soul, waits for you, Lord--
more than people who work the night shift wait
for the sun to come up.

Oh Israel, and the whole Family of God across the earth,
put your hope in the Lord.
Because with the Lord is love that won’t disappoint,
and with Him everything will be made new again.

Jesus Himself will pay for all the ways we turn from Him,
and He will forgive us as we turn back around.

No comments: